Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Chapter 17 Reading Reveiw


Chapter 17 Reading Review

As Thanksgiving break comes ever closer, I am very grateful for the short chapters. The content was repetitive as most textbooks are but it had good insight as always. I appreciated how they mentioned that most plagiarism is unintentional and the examples of how to properly paraphrase, summarize, and quote were all good reference points that I will keep in mind as I finish our current assignment. 

Synthesizing, the process where one combines both summary and paraphrasing with one's own observations, was definitely a new concept to me though admittedly I probably have already done that more than once in my lifetime without realizing it. But now I know.

Overall, the chapter had very helpful examples that I will refer to in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment